Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 female cats, Friskies 1 1/2 yrs old, and KiKi Freaky 11 months and they've been together since KiKi was 10 weeks old. Friskies was an inside/outside(barn) cat til she was 4 months old then we brought her in during the very cold winter. When it got warmer, she would sit and stare out the window at her brother and two other barn cats. I didn't really want her to be going outside and eating squirels and gophers like the barn cats were, but she started scatching the door frame and wall in the bedroom(which is closed during the night) She has a board to scatch in the bathroom(she'll run in and 'demonstrate' while I'm in the there with her) and a carpeted post(which KiKi uses in front of her, but she won't touch)I've tried putting her outside for a bit, but she's no longer friendly with the outside cats(a female(Purina)2 males(Purinas bro Pounce and Friskies bro Whiskas) and Purinas 3 month old male kittens(Nine Lives aka 'nine' and Tender Vittles aka 'ten') FUNNY THING the 3 adults and the kittens are inseparable the males groom each other and the kittens as well as sharing Purinas' affection! Friskies just no longer fit in, but is acting out or something because she'll scatch the wall only when somebody's watching. I'll yell at her and shushhh her away and she'll come back immediately to do it again. Any idea's on what I could/should do? Anyone experience anything like this? And what did you do?:cry:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Have you tried soft claws? Little plastic caps you glue onto the nails so they can still scratch to their hearts content but it won't do any damage.

I really think you should look into it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Put the scratching post right in front of the wall. When you see her scratch the wall, you scratch your nails up & down the post. If she doesn't come to the post after you do this, put her in front of the post and put her paws on it and tell her what a good kitty she is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts