Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are taking our kitten with us on a trip this Christmas. She has been a good traveler, but hasn't gone on any trips over 3 hours. My husband wants to get a perch, like the one attached to our windowsill at home, that would attach to one of our back car windows so she can watch things as we travel. Has anyone seen anything like this? Do you know where to get it?

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
No I have never seen it anywhere, nor have I have ever seen anybody use it! But I have to say that is so cute, I am picturing the kitty perching on that thing looking at the scenery.

My cats also like riding in cars and love to sit on the back where my speakers are and just lie around in the seats too.

If you find one, I'd like to know where you got it, its a pretty neat idea! :wink:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Just be careful, I have heard that some cats can get sick from looking outside the window. Stormy seems to be fine though (don't know about Justin yet) although I can't let her out of the carrier unless I have someone else in the car with me since Stormy tries to walk over where my feet are working the pedals! :evil: Not a good idea!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Never heard of anything like this. Just worried about what if she goes under to feet near the pedals while driving? We never let our two run free in the car -- though they want too. Just too worried about the "what if's" you know? But yours, sounds like she's been free in the car before, yes?

Anywho, sorry I can't be of help there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We got her in July from our neighbor at Lake of the Ozarks. We took her back & forth with us on the weekends most weekends through September. This is a 3 hour drive. She was only a problem with the pedals a couple of times. We will mainly be using cruise control, so less of a problem. Actually, she usually slept the entire trip! I had her in my arms the whole way a few times. She is extremely spoiled! This will be a little different, because instead of 3 hours, we are looking at 10 hours on one day and about 8 the next.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Traveling cat

I drove 12 hours with my cat when I moved to the east coast a few years ago. He was in his cat carrier and I placed him on the passenger seat with the seat belt around the carrier. I know, call me crazy but my neighbor recently lost a dog that was tossed from the car during an accident - the family was fine, the dog died from his injuries. I've always believed that my cat feels more secure while in his carrier. I did let him out when I stopped at rest stops along the way. He was then able to stretch his legs and take a peek. He slept most of the way while driving however. Good luck on your trip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good CATalog... Doctors Foster and Smith -- look 'em up on the Net -- they've got some great stuff!! I want the stroller for my babies!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I too would be worried about what would happen in an accident. If she's up on a perch she could get flung at the windshield or at the back of your heads, or if the car rolled over she would hit the ceiling/floor. I know it's not fun to think about, and the possibilities are slim but it's a reality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts