Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I posted a few weeks ago about my 18yr old cat. He was sitting on a paper plate. he has now moved his perch to the counter.

My main issue is that he is now going to the bathroom on the floor. First it was just poop but today I noticed that he also peed. What do I do now??

Litter box is clean and he just keeps going in the hallway. Any suggestions?? My parents are getting really annoyed.

HELP!! Any & all tips would be appreciated!!!!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Take the cat to the vet, to get tested for UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). If that comes back negative, it could be other health reasons.
Paizly's UTIs cleared up, but she still has a condition (I forget the name) that makes the bladder inflamed and painful, so she still goes in different places... because cats think that they might someday find a place that doesn't hurt to pee.

Or, since he's 18, he could just have a weak bladder. Just like old human people, it gets hard to hold it for very long, and they eventually need to wear Depends ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He will jump down off the counter and run to where the liter boxes are and will go to the bathroom right outside them. He will also poop right in front of us. He will hold it until he feels like going over to the liter box area.

It's frustrating he goes in the cat box sometimes and then other times on the floor!

·
Registered
366 Posts
when an 18 year old cat poops right in front of you it is a plea for help. Take him to the veterinarian.Your cat is NOT happy about this. He may be becoming incontinent or he could have other issues.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The vet can't find anything wrong. He is acting so crazy. He will lay with my mom for 3 days straight then return to the plate. I dunno he is driving me crazy I dunno what to do fr him. I walked in and caught him peeing in the bathroom. It's like he has no clue sometimes what he is doing but then other times he will fly through the air to go lay where he wants to lay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts