Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I took my cat, Callie to the vet because she was scratching her ears a lot and the vet said she had ear mites. She put this Revolution stuff on her and said that would take care of the ear mites, but since it had gotten pretty bad, we would have to clean out her ears 2-3 times a week to clean out the excess ear wax. So she gave us this solution and some droppers to use, and we've been cleaning her ears about 3 times a week. I'm still worried about her though, because she still shakes her head a lot and scratches at her ears. From what I can tell, her ears look clean, but I don't know if there's stuff deep inside her ear or what. What else could be wrong?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Huh. I've never heard of Revolution for ear mites - but a quick google search and apparently it's the greatest thing for ear mites ever.

Pfeffa had a bad case of ear mites last year - the vet noticed them at the yearly checkup, gave me some drops and instructions to use mineral oil and cotton balls bits to clean her ears every day, and I had to bring her back a week later for the vet to check again.

Finally, because it was so deep in the ear, she was put under for a deep ear canal cleaning procedure.

Callie might need something similar. I'm sure built up ear wax can be mighty uncomfortable. Something is definitely not quite right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts