Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr Man's ashes will be ready Mondayish. I am thinking of buying a shelf and making a small shrine of him.

I remember going through a house last year and this lady had about 8 picture frames in her hallway. Each had a picture of a cat and a different poem about that at. I could not help but stop and read every single one. I knew i was in the home of a cat lover.

Does anyone else have a shrine for their cat? If so what did you do? My daughter and want to write up our own poem for him but I am not sure what else to do.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
I have a small trunk with items of past furry soulmates. My horse Dancer, his first pair of horse shoes :) Front and back. His foal blanket. His first show halter.

My dog Mini's first 'fur' jacket, her puppy collar and the collar she was wearing on 'that' day. Her favorite blanket that I had crocheted for her....

My dog Rebel, his leather collar is in there. He always looked so handsome and dignified when he wore it. Also his show lead that he was wearing when he finished his championship :) is in there.

Stuff like that. It's tucked away in the closet and no doubt over the years I'll be adding to it.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Bob posted a photo of his cat shrine in the technical forum yesterday, in my thread about uploading photos.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
this is our shrine, don't know what we will do if we move. our last two aslo had a paw print saved in small remembrence can, our vet provided this small tokens..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
They gave me Sophie's ashes in a red laquered box. I have the box sitting on a bookshelf with her collar and a pawprint they made on top of the box and a picture of her next to the box.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Beside my bed I have Cassie's ashes, above my bed I have pictures of her, a poem, the rainbow bridge poem, her collar, a bag of her fur, and a paw print from her. And on my bed I keep her blanket.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
I made this little shrine of my Samantha, It on the mantle above the fireplace
I has a Jardina Cache jar with her cremains, I had an engraved medallion made up at a local trophy shop that says
"Beloved Samantha 1995-2011" and my favorite picture of her.
Someday I'd like to have a painting done from it.

Originally I buried her under the kitchen window in the box they gave me at the vet hospital, but I may have to move and I couldn't bear the thought of some future homeowner accidentally desecrating her grave, also the thought of her in the cold ground disturbed me, she was an indoor only kitty.
I told my sister if I die before her cremate me and mix my ashes with Samantha's then spread them somewhere nice.
It might seem weird but I was closer to her then any person I've ever known.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts