Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find some of those dvds that have birds singing, scenery and things darting across the screen? I'm looking for something to keep Robin company while I work nights.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've bought a few over the years at pet store chains on sale or on clearance. I'd try giving the shops near you a call or you can pick them up on amazon.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It's so funny, I was thinking about this today! Yuki sat in my lap for ages this afternoon watching the Olympics with me. I'm pretty sure it was the movement against a white background that was attracting her. Maybe put that on the tv! :D

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
263 Posts
I bought two cat sitter DVDs from Amazon and none of my 3 cats even gave any indication they noticed it was on lol.
8-O That's odd. My cats do watch them and so does the dog, I just wish I could set up my DVD player to loop them over and over. One of my cats chatters at the TV when certain birds come on just like she does at geese on the porch.
http://www.amazon.com/Sunrise-Production-Cat-Sitter-DVD/dp/B000PFXFMK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392301608&sr=8-1&keywords=cat+sitter+dvd I have the actual Cat Sitter DVD's volumes I, II and III. They were done by GO CAT the same people who make Da Bird for me it was worth it.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
i agree leaving the olympics on tv while you're out would probably provide some entertainment. plus you don't have to worry about a dvd ending and your cat(s) being left staring at a blue screen for the rest of the day.

however, for dvds, "So Many Feathers" is great! nice music, too. great up close bird action and variety.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought two cat sitter DVDs from Amazon and none of my 3 cats even gave any indication they noticed it was on lol.

my snick doesn't show any interest in the cat sitter dvd's either. for this past christmas i bought some nature dvd's, for both snick and me to enjoy together. i think snick likes those more than the cat sitter dvd's.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
What DaveMB said... I can put that youtube channel on continuous play and Nala is completely mesmerized.

Word of caution though - make sure your computer is not easily tipped over, because attack attempts will be made at the images on the screen.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow!

Robin's taken an interest in the bird video! I think I'll try putting the Winter Olympics on mute-he likes the movement, but not the noisy invisible humans doing commentary!

Sometimes I'll put Animal Planet on. Tuesday night there was a doc called Wild Russia. He liked the bird parts and when there were big scary animals like bears, he'd look slightly nervous, but still seemed to enjoy the show!

Thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
Please excuse the fancy tv stand. We are in temporary digs and I refuse to buy furniture till we have built our house and know what is going to fit. Puggy and Curlee Sue the dilute torties were mesmerized by the video. It was so cut watching the mercat imitations when watching the video.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Its so good to see Puggy and Curlee Sue looking so well after their adoption disaster! :p
I love it when cats sit like that, it always makes me smile when one of mine do that!!
And completely understand the moving thing!!;):D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts