Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short;
Smitt may have to somehow adjust to stairs.
We're talking about an extremely skittish cat here. He's scared of; Plastic/paper bags, rain hitting the roof, sudden movements, loud voices/noises, music, thunder, whistling, mail being dropped in the mailbox, repair people, any Halloween themed songs, the vent fan over our oven, the sound of fireworks several miles away, our Hoover floor cleaner, Rachel Ray's voice, empty boxes, visitors....believe me, the list goes on. Needless to say, he is an inside Kitty.

Anyhow, we currently do not have stairs, nor has Smitt ever encountered stairs.
Is there anything we can do to help train or prepare him for stairs in a new home?
How did your cat react to stairs for the very first time? Please tell me your stories.

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
Re: Cat & Stairs...Help

Holy crap, who's NOT afraid of Rachel Ray's voice! :yikes

Very funny post, but I know you're serious. I have a lot of the same issues with two of my cats. I think they'll fly up or down the stairs very nicely on their own. I'm sure you'll get some good stories here.

empty boxes
:lol:

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Re: Cat & Stairs...Help

I have a feeling stairs are like litterboxes . . . they just "get it." I bet they'll be tripping you up on those stairs in no time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cat & Stairs..*UPDATE!*

*Update*

We finally moved in to our new home.
The moment of truth had finally come.
Day 1, we were all gathered at the foot of the staircase about to let Smitt out of his carrier for the first time.
Out he comes....he looked at us....looked around....and bam!
The booger went right up the stairs and didn't even think twice!
It's like he'd done it a million times before.
Smitt takes the stairs better than we do!
Thankfully, no issues!!!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hhaha..just read this now and I almost spit out my tea at work on the monitor. Quite amusing. Rachel Ray's voice? Any Halloween-themed songs? My god.

Anyways, looks like your situation just worked itself out. YAY! Glad there was no stressing over that. Enjoy your new home!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts