Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat has suddenly stopped eating out of her plastic bowl. She has had the same bowl for ages, but the last couple of days, she sniffs it takes a bite or two and walks away. If I put the food on the floor or in my hand, she will continue to eat. Why is this? What could be the problem?

She also scratches the floor near the food, why is this? I don't know what to do. Please help?

·
Super Moderator
26,393 Posts
Give her a different bowl. Glass, ceramic, etc. Sometimes cat are just weird and there's no reason. It's Tuesday, so they don't like their food anymore. Oh, no! There are seven clouds in the sky, so they can no longer eat this flavor, even though it's their favorite.

I realize you seriously would like an answer, but sometimes there just aren't any. Some cats get acne from plastic bowls, maybe your cat senses something about her regular bowl that we can't tell.

My girls all had their separate feeding stations. Cali's was in the bathroom (so the other two fur-covered Hoovers wouldn't eat her food when they were done with their own). All of a sudden, she was terrified of the bathroom. Nothing happened. Nothing fell, no strange noises. She just refused to eat there. To this day I don't understand why. I simply found another place to feed her. And she would still sit on top of the toilet lid to keep me company while I got ready for work. She just wouldn't eat in there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Plastic can hold bacteria and smells. She probably doesn't like the smell of it. I use ceramic shallow planter bases for my cats so their whiskers don't get hurt against a taller one.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I've always used a ceramic or old china plate. I have also read that plastic is not recommended for pet dishes for food or water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts