Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what the signs of the cat tails mean...

My 1 year old blue... she is always trotting around the house with her tail straight up in the air..the tip of her tail is bent to the side. I think she is stressed out or something.. i never see her walking around downstairs. She feels safe in my bedroom. But when she goes down to eat she runs to the back room with her tail up. What does that mean?

My other cats keep there tails down in a relaxed manner.

thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I always though tail up meant happy?! Bertie's is usually up with a little question mark kink in the tip...

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Tails up mean they are happy and confident, ready to greet anyone they meet. Relaxed tails just means the cats are still happy and confident, they just aren't going to keep their tail raised to greet anyone until they actually meet someone to greet.
Is Blue the youngest?
I notice my juvenile (10-11mo old) cats like to run around me when I walk to/from the barn with their tails in the air and their parents walk sedately with tails low and relaxed. If I speak to Mr. Gray or BB, and/or make eye contact, then they will raise their tails in a 'hello' gesture and as soon as we're done 'talking' or they break eye contact, they lower their tails to the relaxed position.
h =^..^=

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blue is 1 years old. She is the youngest one.

She doesnt seem happy though. She looks a bit scared and worried when she runs to the back room to eat. I feel bad for her. Maybe when she gets older..she will settle down and walk to the room to eat.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rebbie..

thank you for the website. It helps out some. :)

All of my cats eat at the same time. 2 eat on the left side of the kitchen and 1 eats on the right side. Then blue and her mom eat in there private cat room. They are all calm while they eat.

She just doesnt like when there are other people in the kitchen. she gets nervous around them. so she would run to the back cat room to eat.

The other night...she was sound asleep on my lap on my bed. Then my dad comes into my room to show me something..and blue flys off the bed and hides under the bed. I felt bad for her. Then once dad left...she came out from hiding a few mins later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts