Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat, Cleo, has been throwing up more than usual (I guess I consider usual for a cat about 1 - 2x a month?) anyway, I think it's been about 3 times this past week. Poor thing. I will be taking her to the vet but I was hoping you guys could tell me what sorts of things might be causing this (to soften the blow in case it is something bad). Other things with her - she is an older cat (not sure exact age but at least 12yrs) and she is VERY neurotic (lots of excess fur licking if we don't catch her doing it or calm her down) and she doesn't always use the litterbox consistently. Yikes. I am getting worried just typing all this stuff out. Any info you guys have on what the vet might tell me would be great.

Thank you!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Is the throw up full of fur? Food chunks that just look like they were eaten? Or mushy food juice blah?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It varies. Sometimes it is a mixture of fur/food but other times, like this morning :)() it was just food. It's generally mushy and not chunks of food.

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
It sounds like she's vomiting hours after eating...that's cause for concern especially with a 12 year old. There are so many possibilities that I wouldn't want to speculate, but I would get her to a vet especially if this has continued since your first post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts