Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I am really worried abt my Daisy . She is throwing up again but this time it’s blood. I dont know what to do. I dont drive. My parents told me they would take me to the vet. Does anyone know what would cause here to throw up blood? Any ideas?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just get the cat to a vet as soon as you possibly can. To me, this sounds like an emergency.
You say your parents will take you, so just go as soon as you can. Call the vet and tell them it is an emergency.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is doing better has not thrown up since. She’s acting normal. I am going to continue to watch her. Thanks for you aupport.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If it were my cat I would definitely still have her checked at the vet. At this point it is not an emergency (thank goodness) but throwing up blood is indicative of something gone wrong. If you don't have her checked by a vet and something goes badly wrong for lack of treatment and you lose her, you will be very upset with yourself for not taking her in.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great. I hope all is well and will be interested to hear what the vet says.
The vet said it’s probably Gastritis. She gave a pain med. she also gave me a medication to help her get her appetite back. They also ran blood work and waiting for results. She said in examining her felt no lumps so no tumors. I guess its more the waiting game to see if. She gets better. Thanks for your concern and support. She is eating better now and seems more comfortable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts