Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toby got into the closet where I keep the bag of litter. He tore it open and some spilled out. Then, evidently, he peed in it! Now there is a dried, hard clump of litter on the carpet in the closet. (less than a cup). I guess he figured "hey, this is litter, this is where I go" He's got 2 litter boxes, one on each side of the house, and he's never missed.

I guess I should count my blessings that he associates litter as where he should do his business.

Luckily it's in a closet. Any idea how to dissolve and chip this thing up, as it seems to be one with the carpet?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had one of my cats, while I was scooping the boxes once, climb into the big plastic tub of litter and do his business in there while my back was turned.

As far as your problem, I would say, wet it down with enzyme cleaner, pick up what you can, and steam clean the rest out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Beyond hilarious!! Maybe he's trying to tell you to clean his box more often. Or that he'd like it in a more private place. You said he had never missed? To my way of thinking (& your description) he still hasn't! He smelled the litter, opened the bag, got some out, and used it. Very expedient & really smart if you ask me. BTW still LOL. GL B

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I think the 2 things are independent.

He'll scratch at many bags that I bring home, kind of like a play thing, and of course this has a familiar smell.

Then, he just kind of did what came naturally. Pee on a familiar material.

It's actually comforting in a way, knowing that he knows what litter is for. If we travel I'm guessing he'll have no trouble adjusting to where his box is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts