Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will your cats eat treats? Both Franny and Addison will sniff and then walk away. I've tried many kinds, and it's probably better off because they are mostly made of junk anyway...but I just wonder why they don't want them. Addison is still really young, so she could change her ways, but Franny has always been this way.

I did find some online that are made with real beef (sort of jerky-like in a way) that are made by Zukes that i'm interested in trying. They make treats for dogs and our rottie used to LOVE them.

Hmm...

Here's a link... http://www.naturalpetmarket.com/product ... D=zukescat

Okay, they do look different than the dog ones, but still look better than "pounce" and other grocery store treats.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Assumpta won't touch treats, either. I can almost see her little brain thinking "okay, go deep-fat-fry this sucker and bring it back when it's properly prepared." I don't even bother anymore.

MY food, on the other hand, is fair game. :roll:

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have to limit Cleveland with his treats or he'd eat till he'd burst. HIs favourite is cat salami sticks. If you don't watch he'll steal the whole thing and sit looking like he's smoking a cigar. We used to keep his treats in a tube, th carboard ones with plastic tops but we caught him knocking it to the ground and jumping on it to pop the lid off so he could gorge. He did this several times before we bought him a kitty proof jar. :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
What kind are you giving her?

Stix and Kota will eat Whiskas Whisker Lickins, Temptations (crunchy), and some Cranberry treats that I got at Petsmart that I don't know what they're called. They hate Pounce Shake-ums.

Has anyone tried those dried shrimp treats??

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried all the whiskas, pounce varieties. Can't remember what any of them are really called...basically the ones you see lined up the the grocery store...I've tried all of them.

I have not tried th cranberry ones you are talking about and have considered trying the freeze dried ones as well.

Hmm..

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hey Krystal, are the cranberry treats M&C Treat-Ums? I get them for Angel and she loves them!

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
672 Posts
^^^^^ (Had to go look at the bag) Yes, Mike, those are the ones!!! I like that they smell fruity and not like cat food. Both kitties love them. 8)

·
Registered
151 Posts
My cat doesn't touch them either

I know what you mean, my sister's cats will eat cat treats as often as they can, but my cat will not touch them. We tried buying soem for him once, and he just sniffed them and walked away, so we had to give them to my sister's cats. :cry:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Kitty doesn't like any cat treats either. Of course, Thomas will eat anything.

I recently bought those dried shrimp in cat nip. Thomas loves them, they're his absolute favorite. Kitty likes to roll around on them to get all the catnip off, then she lets Thomas eat them. :D

Oh well, her favorite treat is a little fish out of my filet-o-fish sandwhich from McD's or the last bit of ice cream from an ice cream bar.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My cat won't touch cat treats

Yes, my cat doesn't like human food, but he did before. When we found him as a stray we fed him some leftover hamburger helper, and he ate it all as fast as he could. He ate anything we gave him at first becasue he was starving! :cry: But now he has cat food, and he'snot starving anymore! :D

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, so I've given up on treats. I don't know why i even tried in the first place...

I gave a stab at some all natural meat (venison actually) jerky like treats that I bought for $6.95 in this little boutique like pet store near my house.
Thought for sure they'd love them. Both of them turned their noses up at them and when i picked them up off the floor and tossed them into the kittens dish, she ate around them leaving the two lonely little jerky squares in the bowl.

I'd give them to someone, but they have to stay refrigerated - so that's another loss. Geez.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Sabby loves the dried chicken livers you can get in a clear tube at petsmart. I just bought the beef ones earlier this week and I think he likes those almost as much as the chicken kind.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Otis goes crazy over any type of Whiskas Temptation treat, but Jazz's favorite is Meow Mix Seafood blend - I buy a box of that and give as inexpensive treats. I stick to the one type for each, and both seem to know which treat is theirs and which is their sibling's, so there isn't even much fighting over them....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts