Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to give my 8 month kitty treats? and are there any real good ones out there? and if so, which are they? :?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Treats are fine to give her at that age. I really can't remember what I buy. I just ran out too so I don't have the pouch. You can look for the ingredients and see which one seems the healthiest...with the least by products or least fat. Stuff like that. I usually do that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use cosmic catnip for Tiber's treat. "the most aromatic catnip ever grown" and your 8th month old would just be starting to like it, if she has the gene. some could care less. It says to give them a tablespoonful.. but i think thats a bit much. I just shake the tub and he comes running in, no matter where he is in the house. Then i just let him eat for a few mins, probally a teaspoonful at most. Other wise, i get soem of that cheap lunchmeat from the store, teh one that costs like 60 cents..... And i'll rip off peices of a slice of turkey or chicken. he loves those!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks :D my kitten doesn't care for catnip, so ill just check out the treat labels as julie suggested and see whats the best, i notice my kitty goes crazy for grapes, and if i just squeeze the grape and let her lick the grapes juice, boy oh boy she's in heaven i never new cats liked fruit, maybe its the sugar, and i m aware that sugar could be a major no,no, so i use very very sparingly :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts