Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this cat tree on e-bay for $55: http://www.armarkat.com/1/a5201.htm

Would something like this be worth it, or should I just wait until I can afford a larger one? It's only for one cat, but he's 10 lbs. already at 9 months. I'd like to get one as soon as possible since my kitten is going through a very crazy/active stage, but I'd rather wait for a few months if this one would be a waste. I really only have room for one cat tree right now, so if I do buy this one it would probably be the only one I have for the next 3-4 years. Does anyone have any experience with cats and cat trees? Would this one do the job, or should I save up?

·
Super Moderator
26,352 Posts
I really like it! I have 5 cat trees and they all get used.

Here's a thread where people are showing their trees. Maybe you could get some ideas from it. :D

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50660

·
Super Moderator
26,352 Posts
The ad says good for 20 lbs., and the sturdiest, best-built cat tree I have is my Armarkat. And that's an excellent price.

·
Banned
952 Posts
My first cat "trees" were pretty small. As the kittens grew, I added larger ones, but as you can see from the pics, the smaller ones are still used - I put them up on a table to raise them and put a huge rock inside the smallest to stabilize it. The tree on the far right is a two-year-old 62" Amarkat.

Rachel sharpening her claws.

That's a cat bed on top of the armoire. (No, sir, my cats aren't spoiled at all. :lol: )

And this Amarkat cat tree is on the way. :mrgreen:

I like the Amarkat quality, and I recommend you get what you can afford now and upgrade as finances and space allow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems like the reviews for armarkat trees are pretty positive, so I think I will end up getting it since it's so well priced. I'm sure I will end up buying a larger one down the road, but I think this one will be fine for now. I'll also be moving in the next 2-3 years, and this smaller one will probably be easier to disassemble and take with me than a huge one. Thanks to everyone for the feedback and pictures!

Marie- I saw the pictures of your twins in the older "cat tree" thread that you posted. Their coats looked very similar to how my Jack's coat looks now (sort of medium length hair, but a big puffy tail :D ) and I've also seen more recent pictures in which they look a lot "fluffier." Do you remember at about what age their their coats started to fill out? I am just wondering if my Jacky might eventually grow a coat like that!

·
Super Moderator
26,352 Posts
Well, the pictures in the trees were different ages, but I'd say at about one year old (which was June 15th), they got really fluffy. I know when they were younger, I was a little disappointed because I wanted them to be fluffier, but I was told to just wait a while. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts