Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking to get a nice, preferably tall cat tree that's relatively inexpensive as our budget's a little strapped with the baby coming in December. Any suggestions?

I've looked on amazon, but I don't feel right paying $50+ in shipping. Then theres a very simple one at Walmart that goes from ceiling to floor, but we have drop ceiling, so I dont think that one's an option for us. Any other ideas are appreciated :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
We looked on line, found what we liked from each one and my hubby is going to build one......hopefully very soon!! I even ask him why we couldn't let the base be the litterbox enclosure he made, but he said he didn't think Smudge would want to play on the tree if her litterbox was on the bottom.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's actually a good idea. My husband could probably do it. We're planning on having the carpets replaced soon. We could just use the old carpet on the cat tree as I'm not sure how much carpet costs to just buy outright?

I feel like the kitties would so enjoy a place to get high up, play and lounge. Especially with adopting this new, older kitty tomorrow. I could easily see the top level being her favorite hangout.

I feel like the litter box idea is good! You could always take the litter box out of the enclosure if she doesn't like it there.

We need one from a place to put the cat food bowls as well. We have a pretty small cat tree now. The cylindrical kind with the two cubbies and top level. Our dog insists on shoving her face in to get whatever the cats don't immediately eat when their bowls are filled. Thus causing diarrhea -_-

·
Registered
44 Posts
Our dog got into the litterbox until he made the enclosure. Oh, food is another issue here, too. I've decided the top platform will be where we put her food b/c the dog can't get up there! We have a maltese and he now has red eye stains b/c he ate some of the cat food.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I know what you mean with the cat box. Our pup LOVES to snack on cat turds. I don't know what it is about them, but when we see her slinking by, we can guarantee she's got a little piece of poop between her teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

1 - 5 of 5 Posts