Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got another cat tree for almost nothing (Craigslist, of course). It's nothing fancy, but two of my others are on their last legs. I thought the girls might like the enclosed perches.

Inspection time

The Cali-llama has her favorite picked out

Cleo has her spot picked out

I was worried the little curved seat may not getting used since they can't see out the window from it, but....

So what's the warning? Cleo loves it so much, she spent the entire first night there. :( She came back to bed last night, though. :D

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Our kitties really love the curved perches on our cat tree. It's open-access for jumping/playing but very comfortable (and not restricting) for relaxing and snoozing. I like it that the platforms aren't just flat and easy to roll off of.

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Lucky little ladies! So pretty too.

They must go to town on those cat trees though compared to my Tobe. The banana leaf one i got him is still going strong. Mind you, he does just sit in it all day. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, like I said, it's nothing fancy, but for $20......

Yes, Allie, they ARE hard on cat trees, especially the high spots. 8O They chase each other and jump up and down and some of the perches break off from rocking back and forth so much.

Kids.

·
Banned
2,746 Posts
I would be nervous about using one that other cats have used -- none of you have had problems w/ the cats marking, etc? I guess if it's not VERY used. . .

Great pix! They look very content. :)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Where in CL are you finding these? I've looked around but haven't found any amazing cat tree deals?

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I check the PETS section all the time. Which is dangerous because you also see all the wonderful kitties who need good homes. :(

I've gotten all of my cat trees used. But I also know their history. This one came from a couple who were packing up to move to Georgia. They have three adorable little orange boys, who I met. Inside cats only. I vacuumed it when I got home, really didn't see the need for anything else. I went over in the rain and they were so glad I showed up, they gave it to me for less than they were asking. I was also impressed that they were actually taking all three cats with them to Georgia. Unlike most people on CL who are "getting rid of" their cats because they're moving and can't take them with them. (pet peeve of mine)

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
That reminds me. It's time to add on to my Kitty City. Marie if you get 1, would the girls have any zoning issues? 'This is a rezdenchl area-MY rezdenchl area!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts