Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was on Craigslist and stumbled upon someone who sells cat trees. I already have one, an armakat (right?) and the 3 cats love it! But I was thinking... His one has a tunnel and more scoops which they may enjoy more... Would it be worth switching? It's about $130 and I bought my current one for the same price on Amazon. I could probably sell it for $90 or so. Or maybe keep both? I'm not sure if my family would be happy with that idea haha.

My current one:

ImageUploadedByPG Free1410108724.756450.jpg
It has the rope scratcher, toys, and the faux covering. They don't use the bottom levels at all. I put it together, my cats love sleeping on top of the box. (generic photo)

The new one I'm Looking at:
ImageUploadedByPG Free1410108784.105353.jpg
Not sure what the covering is, looks good though, variety of colors, rope, all the cool things.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Heya,

I bought my cat tree at my local non kill shelter. If your local shelter sell those, it could be a good idea to check out their selection of cat trees because the profit of the sale will go to them.

I don't mean to be a pest or anything, just making a suggestion XD

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problem, I could check it out but usually they're overpriced where I've looked.

Haha how many cat trees do you have already? X3

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In all of your opinions,via there one that you think caters to cats needs more? I really like the cradle and tunnel of the one I wanna buy

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never heard of one of those. Plus it sounds like they would be more expensive there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm looking into getting a 2nd tree. I'm not sure what I want yet. The empty space is not as large as the current spot. I'm wondering if I would get a larger tree, if I put the new one in the old spot and moved the old tree, if she would have an issue with that.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I personally would buy the second one if it's covered in carpet (as it appears to be). My cats don't scratch sisal but LOVE carpet. I currently have a cat tree from armarkat, one of my cat does nothing with it, the other one does lay on one of the platforms. It's a really expensive bed lol. I will only buy carpet covered ones from now on. The carpet might not last as long as sisal, not sure. my cats would not lay IN any of the tunnels (they don't lay in the little house on the armarkat either), but they would lay on the half circle things or at least the top one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sherry- I think they'd enjoy a new spot, at least they still have the old tree as a familiar thing.

I'm wondering if I can find a second spot to put s tree and if my family would possibly allow it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a look at Petsmart last night. They had the perfect one. And it is covered in carpet. But at $159 I just don't know. So I had decided ok, let's just get that one at Petsmart and be done with it. So back I go and almost get it and think, boy that is alot of money. Who knows I may just break down and get it this weekend. Or if I was smart wait for a sale, but with my luck that one would be sold out.

I have looks at the armarkat ones and I don't think I like that material they use. I would rather pay a little more and get carpet.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Check Amazon. I ordered an awesome cat tree for only $120 - multi level sisal and carpet and 7' tall and got free shipping but I'm an Amazon Prime member. Amazon Prime is SO worth the $99 annual fee!!! I get upgraded overnight or expedited shipping on just about everything I order.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you had it long? I have Amazon Prime. I have looked there but there are alot of them on there and I haven't seen one with real carpet.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's a cat tree my hubby got for Tilly and Scooby, cool eh !!!

LOL! Now that's a real cat TREE!

I know I order most of mine online and they love their current one I'm just wondering if anyone thinks the other one is better or if I should just try for both? They've never had carpet before so they'd probably enjoy that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Howdy.

My baby has never liked the half circle ones either but he loves the little circle hammock ones and sleeps in them all the time.

Picture below of the one I got
was about 130$ as well but this is in Aus.

I got one this one with the hoops because my friends cat adored it also.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Woah That's really intricate. I had a hammock once at the bottom of a cat tree but it wasn't like the ones there, the cats never touched it.

Sherry- that looks just like the one I was thinking about :) tell me if they like it!!

When I compare mine and the other one it seems like all mine has is a box and top perches. The other one has a box thing, tunnel, and the half circles which I thought cats like. I wish I could just return it if they don't like it -_-

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They have ALOT of trees. Maybe I'll find an even better one if I go look.

ImageUploadedByPG Free1411931564.128290.jpg this one at the front looks cool too.

What about if I ask "is my surrender cat tree cat worthy enough? Or should I look at the cooler ones?"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts