Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im close to ordering this tree which is the most elaborate i can find, if you know of something of better quality please link me..

73-inch Bungalow Cat Furniture Tree Condo - Overstock™ Shopping - The Best Prices on Majestic Pet Products Cat Furniture

I live on Maui so we have few stores, we have a local pet store, petco and costco, would any of these stores carry anything of similar quality or only smaller trees?

I ask because on top of the $200 price tag I will need to pay about $130.00 to ship..I also do plan on creating some of my own furniture or even expanding a tree that I purchase..

Im close to ordering but I want more feedback, this of course will be for a ragdoll kitten I plan on getting in upcoming months..

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that but unfortunatly I live in Hawaii and majority of them does not ship here :(

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think that seller ships to Hawaii (read exclusions). I've lived in O'ahu before, this is one of the big drawbacks of living in Hawai'i.

How about Amazon? I belive shipping to Hawai'i is free, if you have prime. Otherwise, a year of prime membership is $99, or you could also see if you could do a free "trial" of prime membership. (It's still cheaper than buying from Overstock!) And it would take between 3-7 business days to get it, instead of your normal 2-day shipping as most of us on the continental US gets. But as long as the items are from Amazon and not a third party, their customer service is very good, if anything happens along the way before receiving your merchandise...I have had small mishaps, and it was all resolved perfectly through their customer service chat online or via phone call, I can't remember.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Go-Pet-Club-Tree-Beige/dp/B003WGGWQA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424023658&sr=8-2&keywords=cat+tree[/ame]

Free trial of prime link below. Unfortunately I can't see how long their trial period is, since I'm a prime member myself--perhaps others can help or give you better and cheaper buying options, too. Good luck, Burt!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200444170[/ame]

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Shucks, I think that link to the free trial of Amazon prime was a dud. Don't know why it didn't work.

Here's another link, but you'll have to look to the far left column to find the "Sign up for free trial" and click on that for more info.

Amazon.com Help: Amazon Prime Terms & Conditions

Aack, ok I just read your last comment. Have you tried contacting customer service about why you can't check out? That's weird.

The other option (and prolly cheaper) is that you could also build your own, since you're pretty handy with tools.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I would say 90 percent of what I buy comes from Amazon and believe me half the products I want are large and cannot be shipped to me. I have contacted customer service numerous times pertaining to shipping with no progress or solution.

I have thought about building my own but the time involved as well as materials really put me off...Carpet, Contact Cement, Wood and many hours scratching my head lol...

I might have a look at petco and costco and perhaps I can add to the tower if its too small for my liking.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Burt,
There are people here, who have found Really nice cat trees at Costco!
Definitely worth going online to see what they have!
Good Hunting!:)
Sharon
P.S.
I put my thoughts about litter boxes, on the other thread, where you had some questions! ;):D

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Well we also have a vendor from our website, CatCondoInc but I don't know if they ship to HI at all; they don't state it anywhere on their site. They do have that same cat condo you were looking at, and can do a price match from Amazon, for example, but not from a discounted online store like ebay or Overstock. Maybe you can call them and ask about shipping outside the 48 states? Perhaps they would, but charge you a fee?

Beige 73" Cat Tree | Large | CatCondoINC | CatCondoINC | No tax (ext NV) & Free shipping on all cat condos

Phone number is listed on the webpage's link above...I think they're located in Nevada, btw.

Otherwise, I guess you'll have no other choice but go to the store, unfortunately. Hope you find something nice. If not, I think cats would also do fine with shelves, or if you add a ledge along your lanai window, that could be sort of a kitty "catwalk"? Just throwing out some ideas... :)

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
I got mine from Amazon, very similar - choice of about 6 colors and way cheaper. Free delivery right to my front door. Keep shopping.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I live on Maui so we have few stores, we have a local pet store, petco and costco, would any of these stores carry anything of similar quality or only smaller trees?
Petco will probably have something similar. My local petco has one very similar to the one you linked. It might be worth checking it out, to save yourself the shipping fee.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I order almost all of my pet stuff from Chewy. They offer free shipping on anything over $50, have the cheapest prices I've found, and have a pretty great selection of items.

We bought this cat tree for our kitties last month:
Go Pet Club 80" Tall Brown Cat Tree, 80-in Brown Cat Tree

Set up was fairly easy, the tree is good quality and its been holding up well so far despite being constantly shaken around by 2 hyper kittens and 1 equally playful puppy. lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Im wondering if I get that very large Rome cat tree or any tree and have it in my screened outdoor catio it would have a increased deterioration factor.. The humidity in colder months...I do live on Maui so its not as bad as you think

http://youtu.be/9IcLpK2UYD0

Or do I need to go BiGGer :) Im looking for something large for the ragdoll cat
Ill probably have a really big one outside and a smaller one inside..

I might use the height of the tower to access my cat walk I plan to integrate..

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
WOW Burt! That's some cat tree!
I think it's plenty big enough!:D
Even all my cats could find places on that one!:p
Sharon

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.