Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
I found a tree at Petsmart today that was clearances out and it is almost perfect so I got it. It fell on my nose when I was putting it in the cart and now I have an abrasion on the bridge of my nose. Darn it!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
My rome cat tree in my bedroom, manufacture defect of hole placement on one of the top platforms..Wayfair sending me 2 replacement top platforms so I will expand the top platforms with the 2 extra i will have. Its a huge tree

This is the first stages of my catio pet palace, yes palace its going to be big with lots of fancy lil things, swinging bridges etc...

·
Registered
475 Posts
What a great cat tree! Hope your cats love it. They are very lucky to get a catio too! I can hardly wait to see it finished!

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
WOW! Burt, that's not a cat tree, that's a cats jungle gym!! Love it!
So will the lucky kitty, you bring home!:p:D
Sharon

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Construction is slow and painful :) I grooved it myself, if you buy it that way it costs like $20 a plank.

Im not sure where im going with this, im copying the royal mews but im going to sway away from their design. Im pretty sure I will make another section connected by a swinging bridge...Its getting too high ill need to put it where it is going to sit very soon, especially before the 6 foot poles go in

Store or Internet, how about home depot?

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Burt,
WOW!! That is INCREDIBLE!!
I can't wait to see everything all put together and set up!!:D
Any news on your kitty yet?
Sharon

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I need design input, im thinking in my head that to gain access to my top floor(top at this point)im planning on cutting a circle access point. Each post is a foot high so its about 13 inches high to gain access to the top floor.

Now I know they can go up but can a ragdoll come down the hole with a 13 inch drop. I only can cut the hole so big before losing plank structure...Of course I can change the design

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Hi Burt!
I think a Ragdoll can handle that just fine!:p:D
Sharon

·
Banned
19 Posts
Our cat loves sisal rope to scratch and this unit does not seem to have any. I know the ones I saw (one of which I purchased) on Amazon had sisal rope arches and wheels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow, some of these look amazing! I would have loved to get one for my two boys, unfortunately they were both very heavy cats (1 was around 15 pounds, 7 kg, and the other was around the 11 pound, 5kg, range).

My family and myself got a little crafty and ended up buying a cheap swimming pool that came with two huge barrels, which we ended up buying carpet for and putting carpet all the way around it, and buying a plank of wood for inbetween, which was also covered, we then connected the two. Not as spectacular as these, but my cats certainly loved it!

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Our cat loves sisal rope to scratch and this unit does not seem to have any. I know the ones I saw (one of which I purchased) on Amazon had sisal rope arches and wheels.
That's what makes a cat tree, things kitty can scratch, discover and explore!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.