Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My cat makes what I believe to be is a trilling noise and sometimes it is with an arched back. She does a lot of the time after she has finished eating as she is walking away. She also does it when she is watching my other two cats, again as she is walking away.

I should add I am trying to integrate the trilling cat to my other two. So, they are all being fed together and she arches her back and trills as she walks away and again when I allow them to observe each other after a few minutes, she does it again.

I thought trilling was a happy noise, but then an arched back is not a good body language sign.

Can anyone gives me their thoughts/advice on this? Have you gone through anything similar?

I want to make sure she is not getting stressed out or agitated.

TIA

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
My Charlee girl trills, but it's always a happy sound. Mostly when she makes eye contact with me, she trills and runs over to me. When I want to just relax without a cat on my lap, especially when it's warm, I try to avoid eye contact. I always fail. She sees me look at her, she trills and then she's on my lap. 😊

I'm thinking that maybe it's not a trilling sound, but some else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts