Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that with the weather being much cooler that my cat tries to sleep on my head ! Most of the time we compromise and she sleeps across my shoulder so she is beside my head. Anyone else every have their cat do this ?

:cat3

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
Cali will get on my pillow between my head and the headboard and wrap herself around my head. She tries to put her face as close to mine as she can. This is new behavior since I moved. Adorable!

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
None of mine do. Zipper used to sleep between our heads or shoulders, but sadly she has passed. Our Annie (or first real cat), tried to sleep on my head, but I would pick her up and put her at my feet. Took about 30 repetitions of this before she got the message, but once got she never tried again. Smart Annie Bananie.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Emily will come up on the bed and lie between us at arms length when she wants to be petted. If not she stays at the end of the bed out of arms reach. Never comes that close to our faces. Any time between 4 and 6 she will walk on us to let us know it is time for her morning wet food feeding.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
There is a lot of circulation going on around the brain in an area that has little fat for insulation. It tends to be one of the areas on out bodies that are great radiators. We can lose a ridiculous amount of heat through our head, something around the 50% mark! That is a lot!

Easy to understand where a cat is coming from when they decide that want some of that! :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a lot of circulation going on around the brain in an area that has little fat for insulation. It tends to be one of the areas on out bodies that are great radiators. We can lose a ridiculous amount of heat through our head, something around the 50% mark! That is a lot!

Easy to understand where a cat is coming from when they decide that want some of that! :)
Wow ! I didn't realize it was that much...50%. No wonder she tries to sleep up there !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts