Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

We have a 2-year-old female cat. We unfortunately neglected to spay her before she went into heat, and she began urinating on our leather sofa and loveseat. She'd only do it while she was in heat, so we figured this was marking behavior. I'd say she'd do this maybe once or twice during the few days she was in heat. We'd clean the couches each time using enzymatic cleaners but I'm sure we didn't get everything. The urine of course would run between the cushions, rest on the leather, get into the cushion foam, etc.

We had her spayed within a couple weeks of when she went into heat. However, she still urinates on the couches. I'd say she does it once every month or so. I don't think she does it because her litter box (she shares two boxes with two other cats) gets too dirty. I suspect she does it because those couches still smell like urine to her? She doesn't urinate anywhere else "naughty".

Can anyone give any advice as to what I can do besides just ditching those couches and buying new ones? The couches are only 3 years old. Does anyone have any experience cleaning leather couches? My husband is ready to just throw the couches to the curb but I'm curious if there's anything else we can try.

Thanks!
Evie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.