Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if anybody knew if there is a way to solve a problem with my moms cat. she rescued it from the shelter a day before it was supposed to be put to sleep. I just came home from college, and while i've been away, my room has turned into the cat room, where his litter box and cat food is kept in kennels (because of the dogs, and the cat is just kinda messy). It's just odd that he urinates in other places other than his litter box. I've heard this is from territory type issues with males, and the cat is a male. just wondering if theres anything that can be done that might encourage him to use just his litter box.

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
Well, I suspect the reason he was at the shelter and was about to be PTS is that this has been an ongoing problem, the previous owner surrendered him without telling them the real reason why, and your mom got stuck with him.

That's just speculation on my part. The first step in these situations is an appointment with your vet to investigate any health issues that might cause this. Once the health issues are ruled out, then behavioral issues can be addressed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts