Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
First let me stress my cat Daisy is a highly active cat. She can’t sit still the higher the better is her motto. Tuesday the 12th took her to the vet for eye infection. Wasn’t able to get the eye meds in. Got scratched up in the process. Anyway it’s been over 48 hours she won’t eat or drink. She did use the litter box pee only. They did x-Ray this morning at the vet no obstruction. Did CBC and something else that test kidneys liver ext... All came back good no fever. She still wont eat or drink hasn’t used litter box. They gave her antibiotics injection and nausea medicine. Also got fluids. I am so concerned all she does is lay around. Going to take her to er in am if not better. Any advice how I can coax her to eat or drink in mean time? I will also say her littermate is not sick. They eat same food . Both are 5 years old. Sorry for lengthy post. Thanks for advice in advance.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Yes definitely get her to a vet ASAP, you need to get Daisy eating as soon as possible or on an IV.....in the meantime if you have some cooked chicken or better yet, or baby food chicken (such as Gerbers)---no veg.) that you can force feed her. When cats stop eating they can develop "fatty liver disease" which is very serious and can be fatal. All the best!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks catlover. We decided to give her a little bit longer . Since they did give her fluids through the skin yesterday. My mom is going to the store to pick up things. Her brother is now sick throwing up to. Don’t know if she got something from the vets office when we took her earlier this week or not.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Glad to hear he's eating the baby food off your finger :smile2:....sounds as if he might have picked up something at the vet's office since her brother is vomiting too. :frown2:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just called and talked to the dr. She said that they are doing ok. The scary thing is their white count is very low. So they are going to keep giving them fluids and supported care. They are offering them food but they still won't eat. She said that Daisy's red count improved which means she's not so dehydrated. They tested them for panlukes. That was negative . It possibly could be Salmonella from their raw diet cat food. So they still don't know what's going on. Will keep you posted. We are going to go back later. They said they can setup a room for us so we can be visit with them.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Thanks for the update, hope both continue to improve. Fingers crossed and prayers. :angel

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Just another update we brought Daisy and Blue home. They are eating so hopefully things will improve. We will see how goes for 24 hours,

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone have any ideas about liquids? I can’t get them to drink. They did eat some wet food. Blueboy I am still trying to get to drink. They got over fluids for two days. When should I worry about liquids?

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
Do you have any tuna? I would add the juice (and some water) to wet food, making it a little soupy. Or even just add water, if they'll eat that.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
One of my cats occasionally goes off canned fishy food or beef, but I can always get him eating again with those little cans of Fancy Feast (chicken or turkey, either pate or sliced). You could also add a little water to make is soupier. This food can be addictive tho and has often been called "kitty crack", so I switch back to my regular food as soon as possible. Glad to hear your cats are home and on the mend. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just an update. Daisy is pretty much back to normal. Where blue is still moving slow. But he is eating and drinking but not as much as he use to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.