Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister has recently come home from university, she brought her sweet little cat Pepper home with her. We already have three cats Abby(female), Panther(male) and TT(male). Abby and Panther get along just fine with Pepper...alittle hissing but nothing to serious. But TT...he completly surprized everyone with his reaction to her....he violently chases her and attacks her...and when we try to break it up he attacks us. We have tried keeping pepper in a crate and TT outside of the crate...but once he gets the oppertunity to attack her he does. We thought the two of them were starting to get along..TT acted all innocent around her and did not appear to be angry what-so-ever...so we decided to let him come close to her and bang...he attacks her. Its really distressing and we have now decided to give Pepper to one of my sister's friends. But this makes me really upset seeing how Pepper is just so darn lovable...I was wondering if ne one could explain to me why TT is behaving so aggressively and if you have ne suggestions that could make these 2 tolerate each other. Or am I going to have to give Pepper up?

thanks for ne advice

·
Registered
185 Posts
Can you keep the new cat in a bedroom for a week or so so they can get used to each others smells under the door? I think the introductions may of been a little too rushed here. It is not uncommon for a cat to be territorial of its home. In fact, I think you were very lucky that the other two cats accepted her so quickly. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
42 Posts
But some cats never do adjust. When we brought Pebbles into our home, Sandy (the oldest) was fine with him, but Toffee always hated him. We tried to keep Pebbles in a room and introduce him slowly, but she would only hiss and slap his face. Pebbles loved her all the same, and spent his entire life trying to impress her. Sometimes he would just gaze at her, sometimes he would hug her, sometimes he would do stunts to impress her, but she would just hiss, and if he got too close, she would slap him. Made it quite a sad affair, because Pebbles is gone now and Toffee has gone back to her regular self. Makes me think that no matter what, she would not want to get used to having another cat in the house.... except Sandy of course, who is older and has the right to be where he is.

·
Registered
185 Posts
:lol: I have a few cats that don't like each other too. Mainly the females. As long as you can keep them so that they aren't hurting each other or causing each other stress, they can live together. My cats that don't like each other just shoot each other nasty glances now if they "collide" in their paths.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have decided to keep Pepper until TT gets the hang of her being around the house. TT has already accepted living and coming into and allowing other cats to live in our home in the past. The last time that Pepper and TT got in a fight(yesterday) neither cat was hurt at all. Im not sure if it might be best to let the two of them duke it out in a supervised situation. Also, I have two dogs who can't stand it when any of the cats get in a fight...so I was wondering if I should have them in the room to sort of "referee" the match :) ? Because in the past they have always stopped or interupted cat fights. 8) Thanks for ne advice.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
If they do get too rough, start the introduction from the beginning, with the two cats in different rooms, but with the same odor. (a bit of vanilla on the back of the neck.)

My dog stepped in the middle when he saw that a fight was inevitable. Both cats backed down. Colies don't like "carrying on" of any type, even playing--unless they're a part of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts