Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of voice does your cat have?????

Maleke is kind of like "waaaa"....very Siamese.

Magic is like "weeeep" or "rroooowww".

Yes, I am very bored. Feel free to move this thread to another category if it's in the wrong place....or to another forum...hahaha.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
My cats do weird voices..... Dunga sounds like a doll - you know, the one who cries when you move her? LOL she sounds really weird

Yoda can't really meow. She chirrips like a bird. Lately, she tries to copy Dunga's weird sounds... he he he

·
Registered
147 Posts
Phoebe has a deeper voice than Molly and Lola. Lola is high-pitched and she makes this adorable trill/chirp sometimes. She does it especially when she is up to something mischievous or she sees something she can't get to. Molly is VERY quiet. The only time I ever hear her make a sound is when one of the other two are playing too rough with her and she'll meow to let them know to cut it out.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Blueberry says Ma, very clearly. sometimes more dragged out. He also says Hmmm? Precious doesn't talk as much, but there's no doubt she's Siamese!

I love the Chirrup sound that Yoda makes! My cats occasionally do the purrmeow sound, which is cute. :D

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Jimmy when he wants food, does loud, short meows, like
'Myow!', 'Myow!', 'Myow!'
He opens his mouth really wide, and seems to have a cross expression on his face.
When he want to go out, its a long, low yowl, like
'Wouw' 'Woouuuw'
He seems to have a pleading look on his face.

But I'm probably imagining the facial expressions :)

seashell

·
Registered
237 Posts
ironically enough, my male kitten Tyson sounds more "girly" than my female kitten Tyra. He has a long and drawn out "meeeeeeooooooow" that comes across as needy... and he only does it when he's hungry or wants to be paid attention to. Tyra sometimes sounds like she's whining, but it's short. Kinda like "maek" but in a crying way. Or she cackles when I stare at her. When she's being needy she also makes a short "maiw" sound that kinda sounds like the ringing in your ears. :p

·
Registered
656 Posts
Minnie makes the weirdest meow.... kinda like mrroow. She always sounds anxious and uptight.

Lilly is kinda whinny, it is a pretty typical meow in a whiny voice. She is very spoiled and demanding (the big baby :wink: )

Jessy has a small voice, kinda meeow although very soft.

Jerry hardly ever meows, when he does its very deep and kinda scratchy, like a lounge singer.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Lilly said:
Jerry hardly ever meows, when he does its very deep and kinda scratchy, like a lounge singer.
I'm picturing Jerry with his coat slung across his shoulder, a cigaret hanging from his lips, standing by a lamp post, singing, "One For my Baby, and One More For the Road!" :lol:

And all the little females with bobby sox are fainting away...... ::))

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I LOVE it when cats have scratchy voices! Sometimes when Magic just wakes up and tries to talk to me his voice is so scratchy! It's SO cute!

·
Registered
611 Posts
brite said:
ironically enough, my male kitten Tyson sounds more "girly" than my female kitten Tyra. He has a long and drawn out "meeeeeeooooooow" that comes across as needy... and he only does it when he's hungry or wants to be paid attention to. Tyra sometimes sounds like she's whining, but it's short. Kinda like "maek" but in a crying way. Or she cackles when I stare at her. When she's being needy she also makes a short "maiw" sound that kinda sounds like the ringing in your ears. :p
It's not too ironic if you think about mike tyson.

My cats have very few of the "norma" meow noises.

Cat #1 makes a lot of noises, he's very chatty. When he runs around, he makes engine-ish noises, like "room room room room room"

When I walk near him if he's lying down, he looks up and gives a slight nod as he says, "mmmmmmmm!" That noise is similar to the one he uses to greet me at the door, except it doesn't have the "ooo" prefix... "oooommmmmm"

He is big into wailing. Usually when he wails he then climbs up on stuff. Sometimes he will wail when he's hungry, and when he thinks the food is actually coming (sees me walking over with a bowl-shaped something) he does the quick little noises, sort of like "meh meh meh meh meh"

Occasionally he has a purring "meh" which sounds like a really quick "urdeh"

and he has the "oof" noise when jumping up or down of course

The other cat must think she's a mouse.

When she's hungry she just squeaks a little bit. When she jumps up or down, it's something between a squeak and a "meh". When she's lonely/bored she does wail a bit.

·
Registered
237 Posts
TAsunder said:
It's not too ironic if you think about mike tyson.
You know, you're right. I hadn't even thought about that. It seems that with time, Tyson is growing more like his namesake... not only does he have mitten paws (which resemble boxing gloves, hence his name)... but he also enjoys biting ears. This "fem" voice is another addition to the list... thanks for pointing it out ha ha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts