Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My (almost 15 year old) cat has been to the vets recently and has been put on long term tablets for a slightly enlarged heart. She has been on them for a couple of weeks now and seems to be ok on them thankfully.

However, I bought her some new anti hairball dry biscuits to try instead of the usual ones we give her - she had a few yesterday and unfortunately because the bag exploded as I opened it this morning, she ate quite a lot - and pretty much all in one go.

She has been vomiting most of today - at first she obviously threw up most of the food she had eaten (including her tablet), but she has since been throwing up just fluid.

I don't think it is anything to do with her tablets as I am sure she would have shown side effects from them by now - but I feel it is surely too coincidental that after eating the amount of this "new food" she has been being sick today.

I am hoping that she will be ok tomorrow - and have just made sure she has plenty of water to drink for the rest of today and tonight.

I just wondered what you thought?

Thanks for reading.x

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
I think she just overate and brought it back up. Have you given her any more food? if she completely emptied her stomach she may be bringing up liquid because she has too much acid in an empty stomach.

I'd give her just a little food and see if she holds it down...if she doesn't I'd try again in 15-20 minutes.Give her a few small meals through the rest of the day and try to get back on a regular schedule tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you doodlebug - I really hope this is all it is - I have seen her vomit before from overeating - but she is only usually sick the once. Today she has been vomiting every so many hours.

At the time of me typing this it is 21:35 and since I let her back in the house at about 19:00 she hasn't been sick since, but she hasn't really eaten anything - although she certainly has her appetite as she keeps wanting us to feed her. We have put her a bit of meat down to see how she goes, but as it is going to be bed for us soon, we will just have to see if she has been sick on the floor when we get up in the morning.x

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
Cool....sometimes they just have an off day...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We were just a bit worried in view that she's not long been put on tablets for her slightly enlarged heart. But yes, she's still ok and no more vomiting. Thanks for your interest.x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts