Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Willie has been vomiting once or twice a day since Wednesday. There is no diarrhea and his behavior has not changed at all. I know we should bring him into the vet but my dad lost his job about a month and half ago and my mom is a teacher's aid who will have no income starting this week. If we need to bring him in we can, but affording any treatment will be very difficult.

We were thinking we'd try a bland diet tonight...do you think it would be better to do cooked hamburger or raw meat? (he used to be on raw before I went to college and he loved it)

What do you think would be causing him to vomit with no other obvious symptoms?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
MissBoots, I think Siameseifuplz was referring to her cat being ill, not the cats actual diet causing continuous vomiting (ie allergies to certain foods) as this was sudden with (I'm assuming) no diet change.

Try boiled skinless chicken for a bland diet for sick kitty. Also monitor if your cat is pooping, if they are constipated they vomit sometimes. If there is no change please take kitty to the vet.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's puking food. We'll try chicken and yes, he will go to the vet if things don't change soon.

He is not acting sick at all. The cats haven't drank water since they stopped eating dry food (long time ago).

·
Banned
948 Posts
Once or twice a day since Wednesday? I'd take that kitty to the vet first thing tomorrow, truly. Sounds to me like he's got a real problem going on (maybe some kind of intestinal blockage) and the sooner it's addressed, like Mary said, the safer you guys will be.

Good luck, Siam! :patback

AC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts