Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
These. Are. Perfect. And so so true... I see nothing wrong with any of these, except the framing a picture of an unknown cat. ;) But I guess that they're so true is what makes them so funny.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
My DH and I were on vacation, we were sitting around the table of people and it was after dinner. We were all relaxing and sharing general chit chat. I had just recently upgraded my phone, and the only pictures I had on it were of my neighbor's kittens.

You would of thought I was the owner.

My DH leaned over to me and quietly said... "But these aren't even your cats!"

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I have guests stay overnight, the one rule I have is that they can't completely close the door to the room, so the cats can come in and out as they please (it's "their" room, after all).

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
I just had a grand niece stay with me for a week. I thorouoghly cleaned the room, moved the litter boxes into the study and converted the room from the cat room to the guest room. The door stayed closed the entire time. No problems. I want the very few times we get guests for them to feel comfortable and not like they need to entertain or even tolerate MY cats in their beds. Not everyone like to wake up to a cat butt in their face.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
LOL! Marcia I just went through this with a boyhood friend that my hubby hadn't seen in 30 years!!
Moving all the kitty things out of the one room, to be able to set it up for the friend,
who also unexpectedly brought a dog with him! Sheese...I had to put litter box in our bedroom because my poor "kids" wouldn't come out!!

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
My son and his fiancée asked me to take their engagement pictures. We went to the local botanical gardens and as we were taking pictures this adorable super friendly cat shows up. It was the caretakers cat we came to find out. We took quite a few pictures with the cat in them!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Aha those all describe me so well, it's scary o_O

My rule is, if I'm in the room the door is to stay open. I had friends over all weekend, with the rest of my family away, so that left PLENTY of sleeping spaces (not including my parents room). Most nights we all just slept in my room, girly gossip before bed being the reason, and one of the nights a friend slept over who does not like cats. I closed the door to appease her, but there were three of us behind the door, and no one in the rest of the house, so Jacob was not happy. Needless to say, he and I won the argument (mainly because I said I'd sleep in a different room, and they didn't want to sleep in my room without me ;) ) and he ended up curling up at my friends feet, and she survived the night, said it reminded her of sleeping with her dog.

Hopefully she's more easy going about it from here on out, she just has this innate fear that cats are going to scratch her up in her sleep or something...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I leave all doors open in my house (except laundry/pantry closets). Whenever I have company, I just warn them that Scout will try to come in the bathroom/bedroom with them (and scratch at the door, paw under it) if he's left outside. Jem only ever did that to me, but Scout has no shame. It's not like he stays, he just wants to check it out to make sure everything's kosher. And he will, at some point, most likely rub his face all over you (again no shame). I always tell people they should take it as a compliment because it means he likes them (but he does it to everyone). :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
The cartoons are great! So true lol.
I once stayed overnight at a friend of a friend's. I got the family room to sleep in so there was no door. They warned me that their cat, Benson, might come and visit me in the night. I woke up really early with the feeling there was someone near me. I opened my eyes to see a huge cat face inches from my face! It was hard not to freak out! Lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I leave all doors open in my house (except laundry/pantry closets). Whenever I have company, I just warn them that Scout will try to come in the bathroom/bedroom with them (and scratch at the door, paw under it) if he's left outside. Jem only ever did that to me, but Scout has no shame. It's not like he stays, he just wants to check it out to make sure everything's kosher. And he will, at some point, most likely rub his face all over you (again no shame). I always tell people they should take it as a compliment because it means he likes them (but he does it to everyone). :)
I darn near lost my coffee on this one! What an ingenious idea though! I could use it say, whenever anyone comes in and my cats go flying into outer space, just tell them, "Oh, you should take that as a compliment, they only do that to people they like!" ROFL!!! ..might work :idea

1 - 17 of 17 Posts