Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2 story home. The cat spends most of the day sleeping upstairs in various rooms. During the evening or when we are home on weekends, she comes downstairs but paces, cries, and whines. Her food is downstairs so she will eat and then pace around.

Most of the time, she will then go back upstairs and sometimes cry at the top of the stairs. If you go up there, she will follow you and go jump on the bed and roll over purring wanting a good belly rub. It's like she wants you to go upstairs and spend time with her. If you are up there doing something, like working on the computer, she will come around and sleep nearby in the same room often.

We're confused as to why she doesn't exhibit the same behavior downstairs. We spend most of our evenings down there, as the TV is there and would welcome her company. We've tried to get her to come up and curl up on the sofa, but she'll immediately jump down. On rare occasions, she will come and lay on the coffee table or the back of the couch.

I don't know if the TV bothers her but we don't play it that loud. There are no children or other pets in the house.

Any thoughts on why this cat wants her lovin' upstairs?? :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
My Penelope does the same thing, but with the bathroom. If she sees you headed in that direction, she will race you to the bathroom. She will also sit in the hallway and meow and meow until you go into the bathroom with her, and pet her in there. While in the bathroom, she could sit in a lap for hours - she loves it so! I think she's completely nutso! The only explaination I can think of is that it was the first room we put her in when we got her, and it's the most familair one, with the happiest memories of us sitting in there with her.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts