Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nine month old cat goes out very rarely, seems to be scared by another big cat that often goes around our roof; also he does a strange breathing, such as wheezing, while he comes back running from outside, or even sometimes when he plays with me for few second... but does not cought so I do not think might be asthma (?)... think more being afraid of the big cat might be the reason (once developped a nasty infection from a scratch of the other cat).
Slowly more and more new objects scare him out... sun glasses, cucumbers, and so on...
he was completely different some months ago...
anyone had the same experiences with cats wheezing or hiding inside the house?
or I should check him for asthma?
Thanks

P.S. previuosly posted in behaviour, sorry to whom might have read it already

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
You may want to check him just in case but try to keep your cat always indoors. That way he is safe, especially from things that spook him outside :wink:

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I agree with kitkat. If you want your cat to have a long, healthy life, don't allow him outside. According to the following link, asthma can be a result of allergies. It would have to be decided by a vet. In human beings, there is such a thing as exercise induced asthma. However to know for sure, a vet will have to diagnose it. According to the link, blood tests and x-rays would tell the tale. It's a frightening condition for human beings, because breathing is so difficult, so I'm sure your cat would benefit from treatment, if he has the condition. I wish the best for your cat. :)

Here's a link for you:

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm ... icleid=209

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the link. I am going to the vet on Monday and will try to find out what is happening to my little cat. I still hope is not asthma, because I am already very apprehensive with him, I don't like to leave him alone even when I have to go to work!
Best wishes to you and your cat too

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
It sounds as if you really care about your cat! I'm glad you're with us. Please let us know what the vet says.

Please don't post in two forums. A mod will move your post if it's in the wrong forum. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
maybe your cat has hairballs? maybe eating grass too... my female LOVES to eat grass... then she comes in and wheezes sometimes. i thought she was sick at furst but she was just coughing up like regular.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts