Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I wish I didnt need to post anything here...We have a Persian cat who will turn 11 this coming march, his name is Penghel and he is fluffy and strong! whenever I am upset or nervous smelling him is the only thing that calms me. We took him for check up every single year and he was the healthiest cat ever. I brushed his teeth every night and he never had any tooth problem which all the vets get surprised. he started not feeling well last Wednesday, not interested in his food which is very odd, I gave him a day before calling the vet. when they checked him they found a serious Arrhythmia and heart murmur, we were referred to cardiologist where we were told he has an end stage restrictive heart disease. We are devastated, he was super healthy all this time and now all of a sudden this! they prescribed lasix , clopidogrel and Atenolol. he got even worse after taking these, Dr switched Atonelol to diltiazem yesterday and he was able to move and come out of the closet, still not eating without us hand feeding him, but at least he can jump on his tree.

Now for those people with similar experience, is he going to have a semi-normal life? how do you give your pets the nasty clopidogrel? Is he going to eat more? what should I expect to see? :crying::crying::crying:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts