Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, new to this site so hope I’m posting this correctly ! I have a 2 year old cat who had lesions that were biopsies showing eosinophilia ( allergy) subsequent blood allergy shows he is highly allergic to mist environmental allergens . He is indoors, no other animals. He’s been on steroids twice and on prescription z/d wet and dry food for three months. His newest lesions are under his arms so he’s licked it raw. Not on steroids right now. Finishing doxycycline for secondary staph infection. Plan is to start allergy shots . But the serum just contains his top twelve allergens ( lIke dust) out of over 50 items. Does anyone have any experience with this or advice , ideas? Thank you!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
When my little one had a allergic reaction to something and licked her belly raw my vet suggested an OTC Chlorpheniramine maleate. Which is an antihistamine. I cut the pill in quarters and started a low dose. It worked for her. She stopped licking her belly and it cleared up. Ask your vet about this product. You can also do a search on the forum of this product for additional information from other folks.

·
Super Moderator
26,583 Posts
I can't help with the allergies, but when my Cleo recently licked her underarm raw (overgrooming issues), I bought her a onesie and pulled it over her affected arm. I pulled the rest down around her torso and used an ace bandage to secure it. It also, weirdly, acted as a calming (thunder) shirt. Good luck, I hope you find some answers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, that’s one of my questions for her . It hadn’t been suggested before but I’ve seen some suggestions online for antihistamines. Did your kitty have to stay on it or just short term?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts