Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our cat Molly is three years old, she has not been spayed. She is the 2nd of the three we now have, and she is dominant. She will sleep at the highest place in the house. Molly is not afraid of anything. My Mother-in-law has a big dog that will come over to visit and Molly puts him in his place. She will follow him around the house and make sure he only goes where she wants him to go. If he does not obey she will walk up and smack him in the face. So a few days ago when she started walking around the house, acting like she was afraid of her own shadow I was concerned. I noticed the behavior for about a day and then she was ok again. Then she started again tonight. She seems to be afraid of the couch, loveseat, and a pillow that is on the couch. She will walk up to any of the items slowly and will swat at it, like she is afraid it is going to hurt her, or like she doesn't know what it is. If anything should make a sound or move when she is doing this she will jump in the air. The other cats don't seem to be bothered by any of these things. She has been restless, walking around the house as if she is looking for something. She has been in heat, but that is not uncommon for her and this behavior is. I don't know if she is smelling a male outside or what. I do know that in the spring time we will have carpenter ants that get in the house from time to time, and it can hurt when the bite. Could it be that she was bitten by one while she was sleeping on the couch and that is why she is so upset? I just want some answers. Sorry about the long post.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Are you a breeder?
If not, I think if you get her spayed the problem will disappear...
My cat did very strange things too, when she was in heat :?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts