Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi new here, I have one indoor kitty around 9 years old that I adopted when she was around 3. Her name is Fae but she doesn't answer to it; she is currently on a grand adventure in the wild world that is our neighborhood;
When we were fostering to adopt she was so so sick. She had a severe worm infestation, it took her 5 treatments to finally cure the worms, and another year to get her digestion to normalize. She would just sit around not moving, pooping on herself, couldn't get up to eat; but she was so so sweet and snuggly. She was diagnosed with IBD, but with the right food she has been symptom free for years. She is still the sweetest kitty in the world. Has never ever once attempted to scratch or bite anyone. Now she's running around the neighborhood and won't come home, and I miss her so much; hoping to get some insight to cat behavior here to help me bring her home.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sorry about your girl, I think you need to determine WHY she left if she was ok being inside for 6 years. To suddenly up and leave did something spook her, change in husehold, etc.

Then depending on what living space you have-house,apt there are many strategies online that can help you 'help' her get back. Have you seen her around? Will she come to you?

Hoping for the Best.

·
Super Moderator
26,351 Posts
Try sprinkling some (used) litter from her litter box. Sprinkle it around the outside of the house, sometimes cats will smell it and come home.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Where is she eating right now? Are neighbors feeding her? if so, maybe you can get them to help catch her.

Once you have her again, I'd take her to a vet and have her checked out. One of my older cats started going around the neighborhood being aggressive with other cats . . . which I learned about from a neighbor. Turned out he was hyperthyroid. After starting him on medication, he changed back to his normal friendly, easygoing self.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts