Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my cat out almost everday for about 15-20 minutes and he will not stop eating grass, he will sit there in the hot sun eating grass, then when i get ready to pick him up and bring him in, he gets all fussy and hisses and bits me..

I dunno whats wrong, hes never been mean to me :cry:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Hello...I will be interested to hear everyones opinion about this.

If it were me, I would let my cat eat the grass,
providing it is not full of lawn chemicals.
There are a few ideas and theories regarding cats who eat grass.
I think they do it because the want to clean out their stomach, kind of like to barf up a hairball. Just dont let him do it right after mealtime. LOL!

I also think that cats like the taste and smell of the grass! :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Have you tried getting him some cat grass?

Its a little kit that you can get at Wal-Mart. It's just oat seeds that you plant and they grow in less than a week. My cats went nuts for this stuff. I grew some and let them chomp on it for about 10 minutes everyday.
Then I accidentaly left out and Stix dumped the pot over. :roll:

I think there is some nutritional value to it...but I'm not sure. I dont think it's anything to worry about if your kitty wants to eat it all the time; he can't finish the entire lawn! :p

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Samhain loves it too. If I let her eat as much as she wants tho, she will eat it all and then throw up :/ I just bought her some more seeds yesterday but I need a container to plant them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I did the same thing, it was like 3 dollars at Target. I left it in the original pot it was in and I just leave it on the floor and my cat takes a couple of bites throughout the day. She doesn't go nuts over it, but she likes it. try that, I can't believe the cat hisses when you bring her in, I wouldn't let her outside anymore.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I like the sounds of this cat grass!!! Do any of you have dogs that try to eat it also....trying to think of a place to put it just for kitty! :?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
My cats will all chomp away happily at our lawn grass too when we have outside visits. We don't use any chemicals on ours, so I let 'em munch away.

I also have kitty grass inside for them. They like to graze quite a bit.

Cats like to eat grass, for some trace nutrients, and also as a natural emetic (inducing vomiting).

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
bltsob

True story....a friend of mine got the kitty grass and both her dogs started lifting their legs and peeing on it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts