Cat Forum banner

Who Is Your Choice For Best Autumn Photo of 2013?

• Post #2 - Carmel

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Post #6 - DeafDogs&Cat

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Post #10 - Cat Lover Lennie

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing well and enjoying your Autumn wherever you are (provided wherever you are has Autumn).

This is the official thread for our 2013 Autumn Photo Contest. Here are the rules:

1. Members can only submit ONE image so make it count. If you have more than one cat, you are still only allowed ONE image. If you submit more than ONE image, we will only take into consideration the first image you submit.

2. Members can vote for ONE image when it comes time to voting.

3. Images should have to be in line with the Autumn theme so it can include Halloween costumes of your cat.

4. Images that are heavily photoshopped will NOT be accepted. We're okay with corrections to color, contrast, sharpness... but once you start superimposing your cat on a background of an Autumn park with beautiful fall colors, that's where we draw the line.
The Admin/Mods reserve the right to NOT accept any image that is determined to violate the spirit of this rule.

*** Deadline for submissions is Sunday October 27 at 11:59pm EST. All images submitted after this deadline will NOT be accepted. ***

Deadline for voting will be October 31 (though this may be extended by a day or two if we don't get enough votes in).

Prize:

We will be giving a gift card to the winner in a dollar amount that we have not determined yet (but we promise to make it worth your while).

Please submit your images in THIS THREAD.

All the best to everyone!!!

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
I took this tonight:

I cropped it slightly and changed up the contrast so it looked darker in the background.

That pumpkin took forever. Seriously. Never try to carve the outside, I won't be trying again.

Jasper's collar also has autumn leaves on it. ;) I thought about grabbing Blacky for a picture since... yes, she's black! But I just wanted to stop worrying about it... this was ok so I'll leave it at that.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Great Shot Carmel!!

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Thanks guys! I took it in the sun room at night (glassed in room) and to the right are the stairs leading down the backyard, and the spotlight was on so that helped.

But it won't be a competition without more entries, get going! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
I love it! Look at all those gnarly looking brushes/trees! And a cemetery in the background?!

I'd given serious thought to snapping one of Blacky outside under trees like that... now I wish I had. Maybe I still will, it looks really cool.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Is there a way to vote from the phone app?
I don't see where to vote!!
Thank You!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm glad there are only 3 entries...I am having a difficult time deciding because they are all so good!!

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Is this the thread we're supposed to vote on?
Do we just throw the name out here we want?
Yes, No, Maybe???!!

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
Yes, the poll is at the top of the thread, unless you've already voted.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.