Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this in my e-mail, thought I would share. :lol:

“Who could believe such pleasure from a wee ball o’fur?”

- Irish saying

“There are hundreds of good reasons for having a cat, but all you need is one.”

- Anonymous

“It is a difficult matter to gain the affection of a cat. He is a philosophical, methodical animal, tenacious of his own habits, fond of order and neatness, and disinclined to extravagant sentiment. He will be your friend, if he finds you worthy of friendship.”

- Theophile Gautier

“Can the cat resist temptation any more than I can resist breathing?”

- Oscar Wilde

“A cat can maintain a position of curled up somnolence on your knee until you are nearly upright. To the last minute she hopes your conscience will get the better of you and you will settle down again.”

- Pam Brown

“I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult. It’s not. Mine had me trained in two days.”

- Bill Dana

“Old Mag comes in and sits on the newspaper – Old, fat, sociable cat – thinks when we stroke him he’s doing us a favor. Maybe he’s right, at that.”

- Joan Aiken

“Is not a cat’s middle name adventure?”

- Rudyard Kipling

“When the green eyes of a cat look deep into you, you know that whatever it is they are saying – is true.”

- Lilian Moore

“The cat is the animal to whom the Creator gave the biggest eye, the softest fure, the most supremely delicate nostrils, a mobile ear, an unrivaled paw and a curved claw borrowed from the rose-tree.”

- Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette

1 - 3 of 3 Posts