Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've moved Catlover's thread to the review forum, and sent her a PM explaining why. I told her I'd like to get more clarification regarding the rule against linking to other cat forums.

It's apparently a new forum she's starting. Do we enforce that rule strictly, or do we permit some variation. I don't want to be iron fisted, but I still want to properly represent the expectations of administration.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
James, you did the right thing. We don't allow linking to other cat forums. She is permitted to print the name in her signature, but not start a thread promoting the site.

Noone else has posted a large picture promoting a site since I joined, but she is, in essence, trying to steal our members! That just isn't right. Anyone who is a respected member and wants to promote a product should ask catman for a price list for advertisements. Of course we should be polite, as I'm sure we all are. :) However, we don't allow the name of another cat forum to be advertised.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
She sent me a pm telling me she would just remove everything, but here is her www! (She had changed the link to the fox in her signature.) One determined little girl! Now it's legal, I guess, except for the fact that she is advertising it by asking people to review the art work in her forum! (in ^v, for example.)

http://rymanforums.proboards30.com/

It's a cat site, no doubt, and she's asking people to evaluate it. We have a "good" member, only a teenager, who is VERY determined to advertise her site here!

I remember catman telling her that her signature was too big; she had never changed it. She seems like a nice little girl, but evidently doesn't like rules. I think I'll leave this up to catman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts