Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Catman, would you please handle this? Catlover was asked to remove her link to her own forum about pets in general and cats in particular. So she removed it from the "Click here" picture and put it in her website. She asked me if it was now all right. Now she's asking people to visit her web site to enter their cats in her contest.

To be fair, she asked me if her signature and profile were all right. I would like you to handle this. She's a nice young girl, but she wants us to get her forum started! She just doesn't understand why she can't do that! Either that or she's being very deceptive in her innocence. She is just a young teen with big ambitions.

http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=56266#56266

This is her forum: http://rymanforums.proboards30.com/

I have told her repeatedly that she cannot advertise here, so I will put her post under review. Please check it. She's a good member, but I have explained this to her over and over again!

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wrote to her. I don't want to pester too much. I hope I got across to her this time. And I hope it meets your approval. Here is my PM:

Hi, Brooke! First, I'd like to tell you that you are a treasured member! However, you cannot advertise Ryman's Forums, which is basically a cat forum, (and other pets) on the Cat Forum. I have put it under review for catman to look at, and I hope he will get to it soon. He is extremely busy, as he has http://www.mypets.org/userinfo.php?uid=1
also, a pet forum. This is like KMart putting an advertisement in Walmart Stores. Do you understand my point? You are permitted to put a link only in your signature. I hope that makes things clear now. Good luck, and welcome back.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I meant to tell you last night that Brooke told me she intended to mention her Pink Panther forum, not her Ryman's Forum. There might be a wee bit of fibbing there, because she ignored a request by catman months ago to make her signature smaller. She just changed it recently. She will break the rules if she can, but most kids push things as far as they can. She's not an exception.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think we have made things very clear to Brooke. I have written to her at least five times.

She has definitely broken the rules again and again, and we have been very patient. James, would you write to her and explain that she has broken the rule about links only being allowed in signatures again, and inform her that if she continues to break the rules she will receive a warning? If you don't feel comfortable, I'll do it. You were right to put her new ad under review. She is only about 13 years old, but she ignores the rules. Perhaps an out and out warning will be necessary.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't mind sending her a PM advising her, but there is technicality I'd like cleared. How is a "warning" differentiated from a PM telling her she is breaking the rules? If she is warned about receiving a warning, does that not count as a warning? Or is a warning, as referenced in the rules, a formal statement from Catman?

I'm not trying to appear obtuse. It's just that if there is some formality expected here, I'd want to be proper in my writing?

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a bit confusing to me also. Catman has banned a couple of people after I have written to them two or three times for breaking the rules. That would make me think that we are permitted to give formal warnings.

However, I never word it that way. I always say that catman is aware of my PMs, and that after three warnings, the member might be banned. I realize that this is not clear, but I do not want to overstep my authority. Considering catman's latest comments on trolls, we will probably have more authority over blatant breaking of the rules.

Catman, would you clarify the warning procedure for us?

James, I would write to Brooke right away, and tell her that you are aware of her previous "notices," amd that catman is aware of these notices. I'd hate to lose her; she's a nice girl, but I don't think she's lacking in intelligence. As you could see, my last PM was quite clear, and her answer made it obvious that she understood. It might mean more coming from a different mod. Thanks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I sent the following PM to Brooke.

Brooke, I wanted to let you know that I removed your thread regarding your avatar and sig, due to violations of CF rules. Our rules don't permit the posting of links to your forum in the text of the message. Links are permitted in one's signature. Your thread is under administrative review, to determine appropriate action.

While you're a valued member of our board, it is essential that all members adhere to the rules, regardless of their worth to us. I highly value your contributions, and would certainly feel a loss if we should lose the opportunity to enjoy your postings, even if only temporarily. In accord with our written rules, that is what can occur. I'm familiar already with past efforts by CF staff to influence a change in these violations. Please, for the benefit of us all, and to help insure your continued posting abilities, refrain from posting links to your forum in the body of your messages.

James

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
She may be a child who will just test limits to their absolute limits. some children at school will do this. I can give them 10 warnings and they will still ignore what you say. It isnt until they are punished (In this case loosing goldren time) that they know what the limits are. A temp banning if it came to it may be something effective in this case- tell her the next one would be perminant, at least then she knows it isnt just all words and PM's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts