Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
from what I've been reading, some may not ever.

My kitten is just over 8 months old, and he just looks at me like i'm crazy for trying to show him the catnip.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Both of my cats really don't react to catnip. They will eat it, but that's about it.

I do have a photo from when I first got Ganymede (he was approximately 8 weeks old, I think) and all 4 cats in my house at the time were rolling around on my kitchen floor in catnip. That is the most reactive I have ever seen them, they haven't done it since.

Kind of disappointing because you see so many videos of cats just going nuts after being exposed to catnip! I wish mine were like that! They might not react to it anymore because I pretty much leave some out for them all the time, though.

·
Registered
804 Posts
It doesn't seem to affect some cats... my kittens are lukewarm about it, Tugs loves it (but it makes him mean), and it does nothing for Binky.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found the quality of the catnip makes a difference. My cat Geronimo from years ago loved to eat the organic catnip, and made him a little nuts once in awhile. I bought some cheap stuff and when I gave it to him he sniffed it then attempted to bury it like it was a pile of...... but he did that with other things he thought stunk like cat puke, food he didn't like etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts