Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how cats are on Balchonys are they aware that there is a big drop below?? I dont have a cat that goes on a balchony and i dont have a balchony but i just wondered how they were.

Oh and sorry i dont post as much on here as i used to but i can only do so when i am in an internet cafe.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
personally i wouldnt risk it, id expect that if something either spooks, or excites the cat (a bird or something) it can cause them to accidently go over.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I don't worry about Sabastion on the balcony because he's afraid of heights and doesn't like being near the edge. However, he's different than a lot of cats. If I still live in this apartment when I get a new cat I will get some chicken wire and run it the length of the balcony. Even then, I won't let the kitten out because I don't want him/her jumping on or over the railing. The chicken wire is just a cautionary measure in case he/she gets out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My sister lives on the first floor and her cats sometimes jump from the balcony! My dad made a cat-ladder (like a chicken-ladder, a piece of wood with small strips across it for the cat to put his feet behind when he's climbing or descending it) for them and they do use it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Cats on balconeys

Hi there. LilMiz Tnker

There's some more info on this and related subjects in the thread 'Paw Marks on Walls and Suicide' if you want to have a look.

seashell

·
Banned
410 Posts
Two of my cats like to go out on the balcony--but I only let them go when I am out there to watch them. One day I turned my back for a second and Sophie had managed to slide between the wood bar thingys and was standing on the other side of them looking at me! It scared me--I thought she would either jump off and get hurt or run away and I wouldn't be able to catch her. Thankfully when I yelled at her, she came running back inside. I learned my lesson--she is not allowed out there by herself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts