Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 7 cats, and I have no plans to reduce that number. However, my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant....and my husband thinks that there is NO WAY we could have 7 cats and a baby. I don't see the problem with it...anyone else out there have experience with multiple cats and a baby? I'd like to be able to convince him that other people do it all the time.

Help me out please!

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
I beleive pregnant women have to be more careful around cats, and should not go near cat feaces, I cant remember whats in it but I know it can be very dangerous for pregnant women.

someone else will know much more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do know about Toxemia, which means if you're pregnant you have to be careful about cleaning the litter box. But apart from that, actually taking care of 7 cats AND a baby is do-able, right??

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Apart from health issues... I'm sure your first child with be a lot of work in itself. If you really want to see if you'll be able to handle it, why not offer to babysit for a friend or relative every once and a while? I'm sure they'd love free babysitting and it'd give you a chance to see how much work it might be.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Pregnant women should not go near cat faeces because of the threat of Toxoplasmosis. Here's a webpage with some facts about it: http://www.metrokc.gov/health/prevcont/toxoplas.htm. There is no need to get rid of your cats. You might want to install a screen door on your baby's room instead of a normal door so you can keep the cats out of the room and still hear what's going on in there while baby sleeps and you do other things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts