Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, uh... Any advice on keep kitty from being a voyeur and/or heckling during...y'know.

I can't tell if she thinks she's protecting me, is jealous of not getting attention, or just being a brat.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
How do your kids react?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Midnight sleeps through it. Doesn't faze her in the slightest. I don't know whether to be thankful or offended. lol

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Have you..... tried Feliway?
yeah, nothing says "i want you" like lying in bed naked with a spray can in one hand.

my cats don't care. diotima would sleep through it on the bed if i'd let her, the other two find it offensive and go somewhere else.

the only cat i ever had that was a little obtrusive didn't do anything during, but later, he would go and stand on my bf's chest and stare down at him because he was in his place.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
MowMow refuses to vacate the bed, but he meatloafs and faces the wall....looking annoyed.

Book gets locked up because he's obnoxious.

·
Registered
474 Posts
lol, aster and cody hang out on the floor, and may occasionally come on the bed to investigate. however, that's how they are generally regardless of what we are doing. they are usually around us.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's just she sits beside the bed, with that look in her eyes (you know the one, pupils dilated, tail waving) and howls. It's really unnerving.

I guess we'll try locking her up (in the bathroom), but I feel a bit bad for "punishing" her. (not bad enough to risk her pouncing at anything dangly, though).

·
Registered
472 Posts
Why not just put a hook and eye screen door latch on the inside of your bedroom door to keep her from opening it when you do not want her to do it? I had one cat that liked to interrupt and stand on my partner's back. But if the yowling bothers you, the lock up is probably your only recourse.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have a lock on the inside of my door. Actually all doors here have locks, to keep cats in or out of areas since they all open doors.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Meeka and Jett are usually somewhere else. Sammy on the other hand, is more often than not on the end of the bed with his back turned to us, sulking.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
You people should be arrested. There otta be a law.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
This was a long time ago...

Our cat Ginger used to sit on the headboard storage unit (it's a good 12" wide) and purr. She knew something good was happening.
I admit, sometimes it felt like a Ménage à trois .

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
I'm hearing the quote from When Harry Met Sally . . . "The Belgian judge gives me a 9.8, but the German judge gives me a 6.0. Must have been the dismount."

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just spent 15 mins picking up shampoo bottles, getting cat hair out of the soap, and rerolling the toilet paper back up. It's now perforated (extra quilted for your pleasure, perhaps.)

My new thought is she's getting revenge for the spaying.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Punishing? No other room to put her in? buy a catnip toy or two and use these when you have to put her in another room...take the toy away when you are ...ah....ready for her company.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts