Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm Erin and I need advice pronto! I have 3 siamese cats. One mom (6) and her son & daughter (4). I also have an 11 year old Miniature American Eskimo dog . Starting a little over a week ago they started to stalk and attack my dog! They've never done that before.and aside from the water bottle I don't know how to stop them or what caused this sudden change in behavior. I'm afraid to go to work and leave them home alone with her (my dog). My dog is old and only 13 pounds. what do I do? Tonight they backed her into a corner! She was trembling behind the drapes... I had to get the water bottle out to get them to back off!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
It seems strange that your cat started to stalk, and never done it before. Has your dog been sick? Animals can sense when another animal is weak or sick especially if it is old, and often this results in it being attacked by another dog or animal. If the relationship with the dogs and cats before has been good, then that could be a reason. Have you been spending more one on one time with the dog, fussing over it, paying more attention to it than the cats? Jealousy can also be a reason for attacks. You may need to spend more time with the cats, playing with them. If you haven't already done so, suggest a visit to the vet to have the dog checked out that it's OK. In the meantime, since these attacks are terrifying your dog to the point that it is hiding and trembling, do not leave your dog alone with the cats when you go to work. Separate the dog from them in another room.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts