Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is with cats sticking their butts in your face?

My kitten was walking across my chest and stuck her but in my face and it was wet, I tell you, WET! It was horrible. I had to go wash my face after that.

One time I was laying in bed, half-asleep, and my other cat comes up to me wanting lovins. I held my tired hand out for her to pet herself, but she kept rubbing her face against mine. My eyes were closed and said, "Molly, your whiskers tickle," and then I opened my eyes. Those weren't whiskers tickling my face! It was Molly's butt. Ewwwwww!!!!!

Anyway, just an observation. It must be a sign of affection or something, but it's gross!

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
I have too, been a victim of the "middle of the night butt in the face" syndrome. Nyska is usually the culprit. She is not allowed to sleep on the bed, so what she does is she hides in the bedroom somewhere until we are asleep and then she humps on the bed.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Jetlaya...ROFL!! I'm sure you meant to say she "hops" up on the bed...:D

·
Registered
779 Posts
Getting a cat butt in your face is actually a tremendous compliment! A cat won't turn its back (and therefore be vulnerable) to just anybody. That said, I wish cats could find better ways to show love to their humans! :)

7cats2dogs, I just noticed that too... I hope that was supposed to be "hops" or "jumps," otherwise the cat is just adding insult to injury LOL

·
Registered
697 Posts
Lol, I get this a lot with my youngest. I think it's from when they are kittens. Their mom licks their butts so it becomes a sign of affection! She wants you to grooom her most personal areas! Lol! I just push them away and tell them I don't want to groom them today, lol!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
My cat is awful about putting his butt in my face.... he does it all the time... even sits on my face when I'm sleeping! I think he's actually trying to smother me lol

·
Banned
302 Posts
I am laughing out loud. My cat, Skittles will put her butt in my face. I tell her that I don't want her butt in my face, it is disgusting.

She was asking me what I was laughing at and I told her, I read your post to her, then I silently read the comments to myself.

Cats can be hilarious at times and I love it. When I am sad, I get Skittles to play with me, either fetch or chase the red dot around and it does crack me up.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
cat butt <sighs> just way too much of it being flashed about. you'd think they'd catch on that if I don't groom any other area... oh never mind LOL

It is a very intimate thing, actually. Cats sharing their private stuff with you, they don't just share this with anyone! It's a bit like reading a personal diary. You can tell what they have been doing, where they have been, etc. Well, this is what I read, I have NO way of verifying this! LOL

·
Registered
245 Posts
Gizmo is always at it, only to me and my Rottweiler though... My dog gets right still and waits very awkwardly until she is done.. its hilarious! Lol

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
When animals are inviting closeness, they will offer you their butt to sniff. Mmmm! The highest of compliments!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yep, both of mine do this too. One is VERY clean, the other, not so much. It's nice to wake up to in the morning. :\

1 - 17 of 17 Posts