Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our one elderly cat has started yowling by her food dish several times a day. This has been going on for months. I get it if she starts yowling when she's hungry, but she will eat, still have food in her bowl and 5 minutes later sit near her bowl and yowl until she sees us. She wants more food, even though she still has some. I will swish around the food she already has in her bowl with a fork, put it back down and she will go back to eating. I'll go out into the living room and 5 minutes later the yowling ensues. It will continue until we either go out and see what she wants or until she tires of it and comes out to sit on our lap. No other place does she yowl but by her bowl. This has become very stressful for my husband and I as she will yowl several times in the morning after we've fed her so it's hard to go back to sleep or in the evening after we feed her she will go back and forth to her bowl and yowl some more.

What can we do? As I said, she only does it by her bowl.

·
Registered
47 Posts
She wants something. The trick is finding out what that something is.

- Attention from you?
- A different type of food?
- Treats?

The fact that it is by her bowl suggests that it is something food related but it may not be. She might just feel that this is the place to get your attention.

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
I yowl until someone fills up my plate. I get really fast service in restaurants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts