Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first 50+ years of life I was a cat hater. About 10 years ago I befriended a cat. I have been a lover ever since. About the time I think I have them figured out, they throw another behavior at me.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
similar story with me. I wasn't actually a cat "hater" for the first 44 years of my own life. I just didn't know anything about them. they were a big mystery to me! then a stray came into my life and I fell in love so hard I couldn't believe what I'd been missing all those years! Now I am a certified cat slave and also volunteer every week with them as well.

congratulations on seeing the light, Marshel!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I never try to figure cats out. Miss M surprises me every day with something different.
There was a raging thunderstorm last night. I was really surprised when she dived under the covers and stayed there all night. That's not her normal style.
The last T-Boomer we had here she disappeared into the walk-in closet and stayed there till morning.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I had a brother-sister pair that had completely different reactions to thunderstorms. He wasn't the least bit bothered, she hid under the bed for hours. She was the dominant one, too.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
The short answer? You can try to figure them out, but "No", cats are always full of surprises!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would like to think I have a good understanding of my cats in terms of their body language and variety of "meows", but I know they can always find a way to surprise me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts