Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for cats to go a few days without paying any attention to you when they seemed to love your company and constantly snuggle around you and demand pets?

they seem to be ignoring me completely right now lol :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i forgot to mention... my girl kitty only wants attention from me when i go to the bathroom...

lol fun times

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
When Prince (or my strays) ignores me, I ignore him back. He soon comes back for attention. I read somewhere that this is true about cats, I tried it and it worked. Seems cats, like people, can get into the habit of taking you for granted. Maybe because Prince is a guy LOL

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Yeah, guys tend to take us for granted. I told Prince if ever I come back from work and he's on the couch in front of the TV with a beer in paw and belching, he goes back to the strays' colony.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Oh, the ignoring....:p It really is a lost cause to get my kittens to give me love and cuddles on their terms. I'll try in vain for awhile, and then I'll sit down to the computer and start to do some work...BAM! Lily's on my lap. ;) Not every time, but sometimes. It always has to be on THEIR terms.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
If men need to chase you, cats all the more. Play hard to get.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Yes, Monty does this too. I can call him as much as I want, he will turn his back on me and twitch his tail slightly as if to say: shuudddup!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
An hour ago I went downstairs to the building garden and called and called Prince and was worried because he was nowhere to be found. I cringed. In the end I decided to go back home and come back later. The moment I started up the stairs, with a heavy heart, he comes out from behind the tree and follows me up like nothing. Men and cats, I tell you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
at least my wife pays attention to me :D

now if i dress up her up like a cat and get her to.. hmmmm....

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
One word ...BRIBERY! I shamelessly admit to bribing my cats to sit in my lap. Treat and cuddle time. This has worked more with Sully than Ninja, who is VERY independent. I used to do it with Kobie too.

The way to a cats/mans heart, is through it's stomach.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Naw, I'm just annoying until he responds. A high pitched single tone whistle...sustained until he comes to me. It works EVERY time.

It works on MOwMow too.

;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Layla is going through the teenager phase of her life where she totally ignores me. I call her and she goes the opposite direction. She used to turn her nose up at other cats, especially the ferals. She was always a snotty little princess. Now she seems to prefer the company of other cats. I miss how she would always run to me when I called her. She would curl up by my neck and sing to me. Now the little stinker only comes running when I shake the treat bottle!

As for the others, they seem to take turns ignoring me which is probably a good thing since my lap is only so big.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts